And The Winners ARe:
After much consideration, the jury has delivered its verdict, awarding three honorable mentions, a special award, and the DOCtorCLIP Award 2013.
- For their impressive selection of minimalist animation set together with an intense poetic text, the first honorable mention goes to "A fora" by Albert Balasch, Marc Capdevilla and Tià Zanoguera.
- For their powerfully balanced use of multiple forms of expression: music, sound, image, word, in order to provide a storyline, the second honorable mention goes to "Some recollections of mortality" by Adrian Fisher, Luna Montenegro and Ginés Olivares.
- For the striking originality of the subject and the solutions adopted in it, the third honorable mention goes to, "the Clinic" by Kristian Pedersen.
- Also this year, given the high quality of the submissions, the jury has decided to bestow a "Special Award". The special DOCtorCLIP Award 2013 goes to: "Meine Heimat" by Antonio Poce and Valerio Murat for the effectively structured use of literary technique, both rhythmic and visual.
- For its ability to excite, for its refinement of photography and installation, this film perfectly combines its images with its verses. The combination of the strength of the poem and the visual power of the work convinced the jury to bestow the DOCtorCLIP Award 2013 and the prize money to The Gardner by Simon Daniels.
And now the fourth edition of the Rome Poetry Film Festival has ended. It was two intense days: with the spoken word of Amiri Baraka, and the selection of DOCtorCLIP 2013, which stands as one of the ten most important film festivals in the world of poetry, and one of the most prestigious competitions of its kind. Adding to the excitement was the presence of Zebra from Berlin and the festival of Oslo and especially the huge audiences that filled the cinema at every event.
The art director and all the staff would like to thank the participants, guests, judges, directors and poets. We also want to thank the City of Rome, Cinema Aquila for their hospitality, the Goethe Institut and the Norwegian Embassy who helped us make these international collaborations possible, The University Roma Tre and its students, the Libraries of Rome for their backing and all the sponsors and media partners. Thanks you all.
> VIDEO COMPETITION